Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Fun at NOOK: D.I.Y House of Pancakes

I am always on the lookout to visit places or restaurants that serves nice food or anything different from the norm. And today, a mommy friend recommended me to NOOK: D.I.Y House of Pancakes, where we can create our own pancake and eat it!

We decided to head down to the shop today for an advance celebration of my elder girl, Alexis's 4th birthday, together with my younger girl, Alexia and her younger son, Lucas (Alexis's classmate). The shop was located at Bukit Timah, 21 Lorong Kilat,#01-03 S’pore 598123.

The parking lots were parallel parking and being a lousy parallel-parker, you can imagine how long it took me to park; luckily the 3 kiddos were patience enough.

While heading towards NOOK, we walked pass another interesting bakery café, with antique English furnishing; Carpenter and Cook. Perhaps I will find an excuse to head down to this café one day soon.

We were the first customers at NOOK and upon entering the shop, we were welcomed by the sweet aroma of the pancakes mix. Though I didn't took much pictures of the shop, I personally love the interior deco as it gives me a sense of something exciting that is about to happen!

We took the table just in front of the wall that shows the name 'NOOK' and ordered:
2 bottles of pancake mix; choc and strawberry + rainbow sprinkles and m&m choc toppings, a plate of Breakfast Bully and Caesar Salad.

The minute the toppings were served, one can easily imagine that there is no chance for the m&m to even have a chance to be used as toppings on the pancakes ~ it was soon gone into our little tummys! Our little ones were really fast-learners. We only had to show them once and they soon were showing off their new skills. We all had such great fun creating different shapes and designs.

My personal take about NOOK:
* Recommended for friends, dating couples, family with kids 3 year olds and above.
* Rating on menu selection: I would give 3 out of 5
* Pancakes: wide flavour varieties, ranging from all-loved chocolate, strawberry, vanilla, etc..

Generally, a FUN-place where creativity says it all!





No comments:

Post a Comment